Monday, November 30, 2020

Feeling a little bloggy

 I am having a problem with a credit card(s) and Bank one says the problem is with bank two, and bank two says the problem is with bank one.  All I know is that if I find a bogus transaction on either account I will close both of them. Pain in the ass..  

I have finished with Xmas shopping, they only need to be wrapped.  I got two gifts for C and R each, so there is something to unwrap on Christmas morning.  Bearing in mind I can only shop in virtual stores.  Even WalMart has an online store, which would have been great if we still did Stockings.  They are hard to fill, other than using candy.  Hmmm... candy...

I ordered a fruit cake from Swiss Colony, to be delivered before Dec. 25th.  I used to make fruit cake, regularity around thanksgiving, and then dribble Rum over it every week or so.  Yummy, but with me being unable to get to the kitchen, and standing all the time to make it, it is a  no-go.  I hope the one I ordered is good, there are 5 pounds to eat so it better be yummy.

I have a book "Digital Photography complete course"  that has one exercise a week, with 20 weeks to give the reader a better understanding of the difference between OK and Wow.  I am unable to do most of the exercises because I can't get outside or use a tripod for now.  But soon.  The book is full color which helps a lot, and the diagrams of camera information is so I can stop going,"What is this button for?"  The D200 I got recently is somewhat similar for the D40, but there are some features that the simpler camera doesn't have.  I am having a good time playing with it - I can't take any actual photos because the ordered memory card hasn't come yet.  I found a box of photos while searching for something else, and they look sort of half-wow, but they are from film, so scanning them in and printing more leaves a lot to be desired.  And the photos of the kids are the most important and can't be duplicated any other way.  There are hardly any photos of me, because I am the one taking the photo.  The D200 has a simple way to get the shutter remotely fired with a cable, so I am looking forward to trying it out.  I never could get the infrared one to work more than twice.  

Carvana was supposed to send me a cash card for $50 once the whole transaction is final.  They sent the number and the code to use it, but when I tried it in WalMart, Amazon, eBay, and more, and all of them said invalid number.  I thought, oh well.  Then I got a check for $50 from Carvana, so I guess I wasn't the only customer to have this problem.  Now to get it to the bank.



No comments :