Friday, November 13, 2020

Karma

 I apologize for my slow posting, I had one all written but there was a big thunderstorm and it took my post with it.  Makes it hard to rewrite, when it should have been completed.

I bought a new camera this week, well, new to me (2006).  It is a Nikon D200, and I have been waiting to take it for a test drive.  First I need a card that the camera can use to write photos.  I know there is a camera feature where  several photos can be stored in the camera even if the card is full.  I just don't know how to get to it.  Then I read that there is one accessory that will be extremely useful -- the manual.  This camera is a bridge between serious cameras (professional) and a serious amateur;  I am completely intimidated by all the buttons and dials.  It uses a different memory card, a CF card (of course), anything to complicate the supplies needed.  This camera sold in 2006 for $1500, and now it sells for $125.  I couldn't use a camera that cost that much, it would make me so cautious I would never leave the house.  But other than a card it needs ND filters to protect the lens, also lens and body caps front and rear and one for the body of the camera when there is no lens attached.  I just hope there isn't too much lint/fuzz inside the camera.  I can gently use an air can to gently blow the dust out.  I won't know until I see the test shots.  There are two lenses included, I don't remember what the zoom ranges are, it is 2:15 am and I won't go poking around right now.  

The sale of the cemetery sites has fallen through, not too much of a surprise.  Once I told them it would take 4 to 6 weeks for the grave ownership to be finalized, they bailed.  They were bringing their son back from Germany and in a hurry.  I don't think a new site will be much cheaper, or take less time.  I was hoping to have a lavish high exchange for Christmas, now it has gone pffft and we are back to the less-lavish gifts.  I now know that the choosing of a site should be done before there is any immediate need,  just what the memorial people have been saying all these years.  My parents spent about $890 back in 1951, apparently they thought my sister wouldn't live too long.  And now the money is all wasted.  I had the sites appraised back in 2000 and the verdict was $4500 each (there are 4) and I was asking $12700 for all 4. 

I am too tired to continue here, back tomorrow.(eventually)

I can't    I deleted my post.  Looking at one thing and not the other.  Crap...



No comments :