Saturday, November 14, 2020

Discouraged

 I refuse to write that post for the third time.  I was ready to pull my hair out; the older version of blogger had a section that included regular updates on my post.  But here there is "publish" or preview, and I don't see any button for save.  If I go to :Draft; some of the post is there and some has gone to that wasteland for neglected posts, I am feeling jinxed, I shall move on to a post that is fresh.

I still haven't gotten to the barn now that the horses are gone.  C could take me to the front door in the car, but I know it will make me sad.  And nervous; when the farrier came the last time there was a shed snake skin in the aisle. brrrr.  Maybe once the temp is solidly cold.  We still have packets of rat poison that we can drop between the outside and the kick boards on the inside.  No point in helping snakes to hibernate.  C still needs to rake the stalls and get them bedded in the last few bales of wood shavings, they look better that way and eventually I will sell the house and barn together.  The barn could be used as a workshop or for horses.once again.  I would like that.

I have a copy of the owner's manual for the Nikon S4300, which is similar to the 3300, but it has a touch screen and that messes me up when I use it.  The copy is one I found on line and printed, all 200+ pages.  Now I need to take it to Office Depot and get it punched and bound with a spiral wire.  It is actually better than one that came with the camera because the pages are larger so I can make notes in the margins, and so that it lays flat once opened.  I'm sure the cost in ink to print this it seems like I need to replace the black ink every time I use it.

I bought a wooden office chair back in February from Wayfair and it is defective, as the pneumatic piece under the chair will not stay when at its highest setting; slooooly sinks until my chin is on the keyboard.  So I called Wayfair and they immediately set me up for a replacement chair.  Yehhh!  should arrive Nov. 27.  I wonder if this is a common flaw for this chair, they offered no quibble about the failure replacement, even though it is well past its refund date of February.  I am pleased that I won't have to shop for another, similar chair, and then throw this one out at the dump (wince).  I will shop there again, the easy chair and ottoman is great, bought a few months ago.  I will be back, I know, if I ever get to the point of selling this house.

I certainly am looking forward to using the D200 camera once the card comes.  It was peculiar that on Amazon the range of flash cards is 250 MB to 4 GB, but the prices ranged over from high to low, instead of low to high.  Make sense?  So I ordered the one that Nikon rated as OK, not the highest and not the lowest.  I sure hope it is OK.  They also measured from thin to thick, How Come?

I still haven't found all the bits to go with the D40, most specifically the battery charger.  Too mach stuff to keep track.  I am also missing the second camera bag (the one that says NIKON in big bold letters.  I am sure where they are, but I can't get there for now.  And the charger is probably inside the bag...

It is nice to have a TV here.  When I was in Mapleshire I had a TV but until the end there was no remote.  C had to use his TV for me here, because the one we thought was functional, wasn't.  There were several things that passed me by, like that Kenny Rogers had died.  So did Olivia de Havalin (?), the last living star of Gone with the Wind, at 103.  And several stars are living in the 'burbs having blown through their fortunes a little too soon.  Sara Michelle Geller is married and has two kids, I think of her when I watch 'Buffy' reruns.  Hope she has $$$$ tucked away to use in her old age!

I am going to pause here and Publish, it isn't done but I am leery of letting it just sit while I do something else.  So BYE for now...

OK I am back, I have a good 15 minutest wrap this up.  I ordered a sling backpack from Vera Bradley, but if it wasn't for PayPal I'd have nothing to check on the order.  I think the date on PayPal is for the shipping date; I think PayPal won't charge your  credit card until the item is shipped.  I could be wrong, it does happen once in a while.  Imagine an emoticon right here, which I am afraid to bring it here, fearing the entire post may be Jeopardized.  Anyway, it is a Christmas gift for R, and is the last gift I need to receive now.  I can't go to the mall, etc. because I have such a bad time trying to walk any distance.  I would certainly get tipped and fall, with all that entails.  When I go to the physical therapy place, it is a long walk across the parking lot, along the ramp on the side of the building, and finally to the door.  It is exhausting, and I do it twice a week.  These damned ankles, one is healed, but the other one, the fused one, is long from being healed.  The swelling alone would keep me on my walker for the foreseeable future.  I took a photo of my feet while I was in the rehab unit, and thought it showed how swollen it was; but now it is twice that swollen.  The difference is that I was laying down almost all the time there, and now I am sitting.  

Time to go, here is the entire post, I have only to hit Publish and away I will go.  Wish me luck...

No comments :