Sunday, December 06, 2020


 Ye Olde Christmas Tree


For this year the tree is up!  Last year we bought the one on clearance after the holiday, and this one is primo.  The tree is all put together, just lift the base out of the box and put the top section on it.  Lights already on, and a few bows and baubles and we're done.  Merry Christmas!

I am planning to submit a manuscript of blog posts to an editor for tweaking and submission to a publishing house.  It will be a lot of typing, but if I do one post a day it will  fly by.  When I read back over the early posts I am thinking, "Hey, I'm a pretty good writer! "  I have seen a lot of books that have typos, bad story lines, and unbelievable characters.  I guess they were unedited, just cobbled together and pay a fee to get it in print.  No thanks...  I am not that vain to lay out that kind of money just so I could say, 'author'  But the criterion for submitting a manuscript is fairly picky.  Double spaced, left justified on a one inch border, all around punctuation different than what we were taught (one space after a period instead of 2), and so forth.  Luckily there are models to help with all that.  I will have to remove all the cartoons because I don't have copywrite for them.  It never mattered while I was not widely read, but to publish them, no.

The lady who wanted my cemetery plots in VA contacted me last week to continue the sale.  After not hearing from her back in Oct. I put it all back in the safe deposit at my bank, and getting them out when the lobby at the bank is closed was no simple thing to do, these days.  Also, I need $$ before I send out the bill of sale to her ( and the check cleared).  So complicated, bill of sale, Quitclaim deed and so forth.  If the money doesn't arrive, I will once again put all the paperwork away.  Like I have nothing else to do but play games.

 I want to get this settled before Christmas; it isn't simple in these days to get in and out of the safe deposit vault.  I have been kicking around the convenient idea of locking up the safe.  But heck, I'm not doing anything here at home.  And I am hoping the deal goes through.  My parents bought the plots in 1951, and there is nothing of consequence in the safe, other than a watch and a bunch of papers.  Don't you think the 80 pound safe is OK to keep the contents from burning up in a fire?  

These are the kind of thoughts I get when I am awake at 3 am.  

Anyway, the joke for today is:



Bye!

No comments :