Friday, December 18, 2020

Time for a nap...


I am playing with fonts today and this is way too small.  anyway, this one is good I think.

I am trying to get Christmas cards ready to send today, but it turns out I need more stamps.  I'm not surprised by that; every card has something wrong with it.  Either I messed up "Family", or put the phone number where the zip should go, or forgot to sign one altogether.  I looked for 20 minutes for my Christmas address stickers, and found them with (where else?)  the cards.  I should have used my erasable pen, but it looks so faint, and rubs off too.  Good thing this only occurs once a year.

I went to the clinic today for a check up with the surgeon that worked on my ankle back in July? when I broke it in a fall.  Two surgeries on my ankle, but 6 on my knee.  The appointment was for 8:30 am, which involved getting up at 6 am, when I usually don't get out of bed before 9 am.  We had snow on Wednesday, but although there was only 3 inches or so, it was on top of a layer of ice covered by sleet.  And we didn't know how the traffic would be, if the roads were still icy.  As it turned out, we only arrived 15 minutes before my appt.  The appt.  was originally on Wednesday morning, but I rescheduled it for today because the roads were truly treacherous on Wednesday, although the trees and shrubs are beautiful with snow/ice on every twig.  I wanted to take a photo, but the windows in the car are too smeary.  C and I had a bet on how long the doctor would spend with me.  C said 2 minutes, and I said 5 minutes, but C was right, 2 min 11 seconds.  All that hurry flurry for 2 minutes.  How many patients could he see?  Well, he has surgery on Fridays, so he is only there until 9 am, so I guess I'll cut him some slack.

My two foot tall Christmas tree looks very festive on the mantle in my room.  It needs a star or something on top, but the ornaments used on the big tree upstairs are pretty scrambled.  I want a poinsettia to go on the other end of the mantle, but it will have to wait for the next grocery run.  I'll take a photo once it is all set up.  

I am slowly typing up the blog posts.  I bought a book about formatting and submitting your manuscript.  I have only paged through it, but I can already see where I have gone wrong.  The book says to first write a "query" letter, send it to one or several agents (?) then once accepted write the manuscript.  My manuscript is already in rough form, and I have only  seen the word "blog" where it pertains to increasing readers of the book, once it is printed and finished.  I guess I could look at it as having no competition, or maybe just flogging a dead horse to try to get it accepted.  I can't think of any way to disguise that it is from a blog, starting with a title page... I think the individual posts are nicely written, but I am probably only fooling myself.  Anyway, I will try it submitting the whole thing first.  It will be either be on a thumb drive or on a CD.  I guess no one reads typed submissions these days.  

Dinner time, I am off for today.





No comments :