Sunday, October 04, 2020

New car!

 This is my first thought upon waking:  Hurrah!  I got the car!


The new (to me) Lexus IS 300 came to the nearby WalMart parking lot Saturday.  It was in a huge car carrier, and it could not have made it even a short way into our road, given how big the carrier is and how there is no place for him to get back out.  It put a small glitch in our scenario in that C and I went to WalMart but I cannot drive these days, hard to get my walker among the pedals ;>o  but very fortunate that it was a saturday so R was home (yeh!) and could come to the house and take C back to Wally World to get his car.

I went with C because I am the legal owner, so to show my Proof of insurance and my license.  And we came back in the new one.  It has pretty close head room, but I had no problem getting in/out, so that worry is gone.  The car is filthy (hundreds of miles by car transport) but Carvana will be sending a $60 gift card for wash and detailing.  And a thank you $250 for taking a long time for this transaction to occur.  I hope they will honor the email sent by the lead fixer-upper; I got it in writing just in case.  I will see.  Anyway it is still beautiful, dirt and all.  It rained last night so some of the dust washed away.  If only I could drive!  C seems especially pleased.  I ordered a fitted car cover for it; I kept my Miatas covered (I actually wore one out even though it was kept in the garage) and it only takes 3-4 minutes to cover, if it is fitted.  This one is 3 layers, should not wear through for a long time.

I will post a photo below so you can see it, dirt and all...


Isn't it beautiful?  Well OK, it is a sedan and not a convertible like the Miatas 1996-2002, but still, it does look classy.  It looks black, but it is nightfall mica (I think that is right).  I only wish I could drive it!

I don't immediately look to buy a mobile home, although it could be the worst decision of all.  There is a big depression on the horizon and buying another home right now might leave me with 2 homes, one paid for and one with a house-sized debt that can't be written away with an unsold house.  We will see what the housing market is going to do.  Ken Fultz will be a good sounding money manager.

I got a new MacBook Air as the original one got really flakey.  Now that everything can be copied to the new one, I will try to wipe the drive back to factory settings.  I should like to get a decent $ for it on eBay. I also got a new iPhone as the old one breaks up and drops signals.  I think I have enough toys to last, don't I?

I wanted another wooden crate to hold the rest of my fully kitted up projects, but when I looked at Michaels and Hobby Lobby, they both had what I wanted but were sold out.  Then I thought of Lowes, not what the average crafter might check, and lo!! they had the one I wanted at half the cost of the other stores.  Delivered even.  The two, old and new, are identical other than the new needs a spray coat of white to give it a weather beaten look.  It is amazing how they are identical, I eyeballed the size and thought good enough.  Let's hear it for Lowes!

I am pretty beaten myself, so that is it for me this day.  Take Care!


                                                            Showroom photo of my car

No comments :