Wednesday, October 14, 2020

I am so tired

 I really really need to get rid of my walker, but I am still falling, and without the walker it would mean I had no chance to hold on and stiffen the knee to avoid a nasty fall.  When I was doing therapy before the broken ankles, we were using the cane and I was making real progress with the replacement knee.  I don't know how I can do even light work with the knee and the ankles.  Such a mess.

I have started a small notepad for "things I can't find" and I hope it is large enough.  I keep looking in the same places for different things, you'd think I would have the file for whatever memorized, but no, let's spend hours looking and find lots of other things too late to use them.  I think I will give up looking and just buy another.

I called the post office because we have had no mail Monday or Tuesday.  Ordinarily I would not care, it is all election things and advertising for things to buy, but I am expecting checks in yesterday's mail.  I called the main number for the PO and got a prerecorded message about COVID being to blame.  I will keep my fingers crossed for today.

Ah ha today the mail came, and there were the checks.  Maybe my phone and the online calls kicked something loose.  Or not.

 post on hold for now

I wonder if we will have trick-or-treaters this year .  If I had young kids, the answer to the question would be NO, I don't need young kids sneezing on the bowl of candy, passing along colds or whatever is going around; and they need to be at home.  When my kids were around 10 to 12 years old, I asked about costumes as I had always made their costumes, and it was not a one evening effort.  They said, desultory, that they wanted to go.  I pointed out that those homes that did pass candy tended to resent "big" kids going around.  I asked them if the only reason to go was to get candy, and they said "Well, duh" so I told them I would buy heaps of candy to stay home, and they said "Yes!" and that is what we did.  It is not that they were 10 and going to take advantage, but because at 12,  C was already 6 feet tall, and he Looked Older.   I gave candy to everyone who came; I can't ask for proof of age like the DMV does. We had around 15 to 18.  Mostly very young (toddlers) being carried around, made me feel achy, just watching them.   The year before then we had 50 kids, all ages.   This year I am not giving out candy, we will turn out the lights in the front and for me, stay in the bedroom (sigh).  

I have revised the above paragraph about 10 times, if I posted an error, sorry!

I received today the order from Amazon I  placed Monday, there is only one problem.  I ordered one pkg. which was, I thought, 3 bottles of alcohol hand sanitizer.  What I got was one case (12 bottles).  We won't need to hunt them out at the store for quite a while.  Most of them in Wally World are scented, and these Germ-X Original ones are just a plain clean smell.  Not orange, not flowers, not peach.  I threw away a bottle of peach sanitizer, it was so vile smelling.   

This laptop confuser usually sits on my craft table, the only flat surface cleared off.  But yesterday the fan kept cycling on and off, while sitting on a paper blue pad, so I took the pad away, and today the fan has not budged.  Guess I will need to shut off the laptop instead of letting it sleep.  I wonder if that is what was causing the problems on the previous MacBook Air?

 



No comments :