Wednesday, October 28, 2020

OK so far

 I have been playing with my cameras, and getting them charged, filters available to use.  Three of them have triple AA batteries and these are the easiest to deal with, just pick up lithium batteries at Wally World.  The other cameras need to be charged directly in a charger once removed from the camera.  So of course the charger is missing.  I won't look for them, uh uh.  If they don't turn up soon I will just buy two new ones.  Oh, and the reason I won't/can't look myself is because they are most likely in the space beneath the window WHERE I CAN'T get to.  As if this room isn't getting smaller every day.  

I knocked over my tea glass last night and scrambled to soak the tea up from the surface of the carpet.  This carpet is phenomenal, the pile is so dense I could only put down paper towels and step on them; a technique I learned when housebreaking two puppies.  C vacuumed the entire house 2 days ago, but there are more tasks to work on, of course.  I am frustrated that I cannot pitch in and help, damn these broken ankles.  But C spends a lot of time on his games, it is not like I am asking for non-stop work.  And of course, I pay C $$$ every month so he isn't tapping his savings every time he needs something.  And  he has my green debit card for groceries and so forth.  I wish my TV was hooked up, C needs to go to the cable office and swap out the old box for a new one.  It couldn't take more than 30 minutes to get the box and hook the cable up.  I got a Visa card for $50 from Carvana as a 'thank you' for buying from them which I had planned to use to have it detailed, at least part of it.  It is a bonus to make up for having the car arrive in less than spic-and-span shape like a new car should.  But there again it is C who has to do it.  I have a cover for the Lexus, once it is clean, I hope it is OK as I prefer to check purchases out as soon as I can in case there is hidden damage, it can be sent back for replacement.  But C needs to wash the car first, I am tired of listing all of this, on to other.

I have received the wooden crates from Lowes to continue (finish) organizing my cross stitch patterns.  So many!  No new ones for me!  I ordered two more crates, so of course one of them has a broken slat.  I decided to just glue/clamp it as the on-line listing says, 'out of stock' which may mean never available.  Now I have 4 crates, and they are pretty, all the colored envelopes and zippered closures in them,  if only they were done.  I will work on those that are partly done, the sooner to 'clear the deck' of those taking up space.  I am mulling over the kit for the Mirability  pattern "Christmas elegance".  I don't know what possessed me to buy this, the fabric and all the floss and beads, I am considering paying someone to stitch it for me, what if I am ripped off, half before and half after, maybe $200 all told?  Pondering.

I have arranged to have Blog2Print make a hard copy, this will make it volume 4 for my blog.  The entire blog is 2004 - 2020, but this volume just covers the last 4 years.  I think this will make a more permanent version than the blogspot version; what if blogspot goes belly up and all my posts are gone?  But I don't think C and R will ever read it, there it is on-line if they want to read.  

Here it is another gray squishy day.  I read at some point that this place gets only 30 days of sunshine in a year, and I thought, no way.   But now I agree, 30 days may be an over estimate.  When we lived in San Francisco their typical weather was foggy morning and night, and a nice day at mid day of sunshine.  And everyone complained about how the fog made them depressed, while I thought (going there from Memphis) free air conditioning!  My only complaint was that the wind blew out the pilot flame light on the heater, outside of course.  I am sure it is not allowed to have a pilot light now, wasting gas, they probably use a spark from a piezo to light.  But no air conditioning!  We took a lovely drive to Cooper's Rock last week and it was a mistake.  The park was wall-to-wall people and their cars, there was literally no place to stop.  So we did the loop and headed back home.  The trees were gorgeous with gold and red.  The bride at the side of the road had on a beautiful gown, I hope she made it to the pavilion without mishap.  There were, in addition to the wedding, the usual picnickers and bike riders, kids screaming, people with shovels (?) and all sorts of fun times going on.  I am still puzzled why there were so many people on a Friday...

Time to get going on dressing and bed making (the only thing I can contribute). Everyone take care and don't raise the topic of politics, it will only raise blood pressure and make everyone grumpy.  Bye!



No comments :