Monday, September 28, 2020

Close calls but no falls!


 I haven't figured out what steps/movements are to blame for the latest near fall  but I am glad I'm not on the floor trying to get up.  So it is back to teeny tiny steps until I feel secure again, while I do exercises to strengthen my muscle-that is on top-of my thigh. I would have fallen if it was weak like before all the therapy.  The in home therapist is coming today for the last time, then it will be back to exercises again along with three times a week outpatient-therapy.  

I am pondering packing the big knitting board up.  But  I  know it will mean  I will never use it again.  All that would change would be the amount of of table space that I would fill with yet more "stuff"  No, better to leave it set up.  After  using an air can to blow off the lint!     

I had a weird scare last night, around 9:00 when I was asleep.  I felt someone/something brush my foot in bed.  I screamed for C, of course he didn't come with his earphones on.  No cats in the room (door closed) and I grabbed my walker and scrambled to the hall.  I have no idea what I was thinking, when I have the cell phone in my walker, C checked out my bed, and of course nothing was found.  I slept with the light on for the rest of the night.  I know there is an area of the brain that shuts down when you sleep so that you don't do whatever you are dreaming.  This is not explaining my fear, but similar to it.  I don't believe in "gooly and ghosties and long legged beasties and things that go bump in the night" but I can understand why more credulous people would think the paranormal was to blame.

I bought snap fastening envelopes, to make looking through cross stitch projects easier; they will come today, or probably tomorrow.  Now I need to put the envelopes in some sort of box/crate so that they stand up, like in a file drawer.  As it is I have to rummage through  dozens of projects,  some with labels that have rubbed off, grrr.  There are three parts to a project:  pattern, floss, and blank evenweave fabric to begin.  I need to sort the floss, I have the entire set of DMC floss, but some of it is dedicated to other projects.  Still, a single skein of floss is 56 cents.  Where it catches you is patterns that call for 75 or more different colors.   It is easy to get them scrambled, too, once the bands are removed.  You would think I could count to 10 by now.  Cheesh!




No comments :