Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Here I go again

 I feel like a broken record, but I fell once again, just inside the door, as I attempted to go from bed to desk chair, a trip I have successfully made dozens of time.  It all happened so quickly I don't know if knee buckling, or a trip was the cause, but once I lay there I thought, damn! What was I going to do in a public place ?!  I hope the exercises strengthen all these bones and muscles...

 A broken record, I know.

The home nurse came Sunday, and told us that Medicare is balking at any more visits because she doesn't  provide any therapy than what I get anyway from the physical therapist.  I see their point, but am reminded I feel  at the mercy of Medicare and my insurance company; if they say, good enough, then that is that.  Never mind what I or the therapist, or the doctor, want me to do in order to master before I am through.  

My new iPhone (iPhone Xr ) is much improved over the 5c I had before (at least 4 or even 5 years old)  that everyone I called said they couldn't hear me, and that what they did hear was all broken and static-y.  I need a reliable phone, one that when I  need to call C to get me off the floor, works.

The cabinet to hold my TV came and is behind my easy chair.  I won't be able to watch from the chair, but that is my stitching chair anyway.  Still need box, remote, cable extension and so on.  This was N's TV originally, but we disconnected it when N died.  The cabinet has a door and shelves, but they are unusable with the chair in front of it.  The mouse is still at large, tonight the bait goes down.  I hope we can find the corpse before it decays.  Yick.

The Lexus is still at the dealers awaiting new tires, so glad to hear that will be taken care of.  The DOH is finishing the paving on our road all the way around the loop, and the neighbors are all celebrating by driving real fast and tearing up and down in their 4 wheelers.  I hate to report them, but this is a county road and kids and loose dogs are not legit able on it.  Not to mention no helmets.  When we lived in CA the private road there was used in a similar way.  This was back when 3 wheelers were bought and used, and there was a horrific accident that killed the three wheeler driver and traumatized the car driver to where he couldn't drive at all.  Four wheels is marginally safer to tip-over than 3 , but still.  If it was your kid?

I'm making a written list of things I am unable to find, so I can cross them off the list.  Some of them are quite elderly.  I will see how it goes.  I hate to look for things, I'd rather buy another, which isn't possible for a few.  

Just ran out of things to write, so I will stop.  Be sure to appreciate being able to walk, it may not be yours forever.


Bye!




 

No comments :