Thursday, September 17, 2020

OK, no more falls in the last 2 weeks

Hello, to anyone that likes to hear my tales of woe,  and for the rest of you too.  I have tripped two or three times as I navigate this bedroom, but jerked my right leg back into support at the last moment, so no falls.  Knock on wood.

So today C helped me organize and put things away so that I will never see them ever again.  In the process we found things I have actually looked for and then given up, so there is some sort of balance going on.  Included are my exercises from home health, my little journal, the main part of my deals with Carvana, my colored pencils, all the winter wear like scarves, hats, gloves, in every color under the sun, and on and on.  I commandeered one drawer that will hold unstarted cross stitch projects, but not the begun ones that are stalled for now.  I had no idea there were so many patterns + kits + floss already organized in snap folders, waiting only for beginning.  This is a pattern I recognize where I am full of enthusiasm at first, and then bored as I work on it, whatever the type of craft.  Kiln? Check.  Knitting machine? Check. Sewing machine? Check.  Drawing material? Check.  I am my own worst enemy  at finishing things.  Or maybe I'll just start another project, a sampler?  I have just the one, should work up quickly...

Did I tell you about the mice?  I saw one last week, darting across the floor, so we set out a trap and bait, but the next night I saw three (or more, they run so quickly) so we set a bunch of traps and more bait poison , and I have only seen one, last night.  Where did the dying mice go?  Beats me.   None of the traps were triggered.  The bait diminished every night, except last night.  The old fat cat was in here about an hour ago (and watched so she won't eat mouse bait)  But she was interested in the knitting chair, and managed to get under and out too, but the place she mainly favored was the front right side, where I saw one mouse yesterday.  So we aren't finished yet... Thank god it isn't rats.

We found a whole slew of candles, the good ones from Yankee Candles, and there is one burning now, keeps the mousy smell away.  It is cinnamon scented.  I have the rest on an empty shelf in plain sight, and I won't run out anytime soon.  

I got my mail in ballot yesterday for the presidential race, I couldn't cope with going to the poling place, if there were a line, I couldn't stand for very long.  I know I am voting for the loser, the prevailing belief here deals with fossil fuel support, aka coal, and Biden is for clean energy.  So that is that, for the majority of our trivial number of electoral votes.  A one issue election.

Lunch time, I have run out of topics here anyway.  All of you take care, masks, social distancing, and stay home as much you can, and I'll do the same.  Bye!






No comments :