Friday, January 05, 2024

Tupperware

I looked everywhere I could think of for the two "Storz a Lot" tupperware containers I know I have - somewhere - and in the end I bought two more on eBay.  I want them for 1. a cookie container and 2. a makeup container that I can see through.  Now I am sure the original ones will appear, but that is OK since I have more than enough makeup to sort.  The prices on eBay are too much, I guess the items are discontinued and thus have a limited supply.  

The daptomycin infusions are all done, and my PIC line has been removed, which is a relief.  On the 17th I will see the surgeon who will hopefully give me the go ahead to begin bearing weight on my right leg.  I do, however, want to be not too certain, the alternative is another month with no weight on it.  I will try not to cry if that is the decision.  The home health nurse came today, I am already bored with the exercises, which she wants me to do three times a day, as if.

I have written in my journal today, the first time in 6 months.  I will never finish the journal at this rate, it is not even half full now.  It is number 3, and the thickest one, and I have 4 empty journals which are smaller waiting for number 4.  I don't have any plans to do with them, probably the kids will pitch them after I am gone, and I don't care.

I have two Nikon cameras, the small ones S3300 and S4200 and I want to carry one in my purse.  They both have dead batteries, and I spent way too long hunting for the charger for them, although C found it in the camera bag that I don't use.  I HATE looking for stuff, I would just buy another if I could.  And since I am confined to this bedroom (can't do stairs) there is a limit as to where things could be.  We recently needed a sympathy card and I know several ones are certainly in with the greeting cards.  Finally I found one in the very bottom of the stack, but if I need another I will have to buy one.  I need to sort the box out but lack the desire to do such a large undertaking.  As it is, I need more sympathy cards than birthday cards...

I am slowly cleaning my stock of earrings, although I can't switch out the one from the piercing for another 2 weeks.  I am removing the ones that I don't like (like the great big pearl ones), and the juvenile ones (like a pair of panda bears).  I am not supposed to wear wire earrings for 6 months so the holes won't shrink up.  I don't remember all these precautions from the second set of piercings I had done, but that is OK for now, my "old" piercings got to where the front holes and the back holes didn't line up, so frustrating.  The first pair I ordered from Kay Jewelry came yesterday and I really like them; they are diamond cut gold stars and really sparkle.  They are small, which I prefer.  4 more pairs to go, just wish I got them more cheaply.  I am getting "free earrings for a year" from Claire's (where I got the piercing done), but they cater to youngsters and earrings are divided between kiddie ones (an example is fuzzy ducks) and "diamond" ones, so I don't anticipate getting any free ones. Birth stone studs are my preference.

That is the latest tidbits for now, not too thrilling and interesting I am afraid.  It is hard to come up with topics when I am confined to this one room and visits to the doctor's.  Anyway, thanks for reading this far, and I will catch up more next time.  Bye!



No comments :