Sunday, January 14, 2024

Frigid weather

 I won't bore you with a weather report, but I will say that it is COLD and snowy here and I can only hope that Wednesday (the 17th) I will be able to get to the ortho clinic.  I am hoping the doctor will clear me to begin weight bearing on my right leg.

I got a slew of packages in the mail, including 2 shirts, an electric heating pad, a pillow, and a double sized tupperware storz-alot.  It is a wonder the mailman was able to fit it all in the mailbox.  The shirts were the only thing I worried about size, but they seem to be OK, given that I can only try them on while sitting down.  The shirts are pretty plaids, and although they are from eBay they are brand new, still with tags and folded into plastic bags.  I guess they will be fine once I can stand and check the fit out.  I am waiting for a TENS unit to arrive, the one the therapist used on my shoulder worked very well at diminishing my shoulder pain for several hours.

I also got a monthly package from IPSY (makeup) despite being cancelled.  Hopefully this will be the last.  I have enough makeup to sink the good ship lollypop.

I got a phone call from St.Labre Indian School and set up a donation for $25 a month for them.  It is a lot less effort than sending a check several times a year.  I have noticed lots of pleas on the TV for abused pets, homeless children, children who need surgery, St. Jude Research Hospital, military veterans,  ($19 a month for each of them), and the like but I cannot donate to all of them, and so I am limiting my donations to St. Labre.  You don't need to go overseas to find needy  children, we have them here, and it is unconscionable that the need for donated funds is for native people living in deplorable conditions.

I am waiting for R to come, there is a small gift from Christmas and a piece of mail for her.  I accidentally ordered two necklaces with her name on them, and the second one just arrived.  I like it better than the one she was given on Christmas day, but that is just my opinion.  Needless to say, there are no returns on personalized items.  

That is it for now, hope all of you had a good holiday break, and I will see you again soon.



No comments :