Thursday, January 11, 2024

Cross stitch sloughing off

 I want to get back to doing cross stitch, but the stitches on these projects are never going to get done if I can't buckle down.  I need to get into the arm chair, but it is heaped full with blankets, sheets, and miscellanies and needs to be cleared so I can get back out as well as in.  Another big task to tackle before I can relax.  I looked at the other patterns (probably) and concluded they would take me around 10 years to finish.  Still, the three I have going now and no other ones additional would take me around 6 y to finish.  This is what my report cards in the early years said, that I tend to start things and fail to finish them?  Who me?

I wonder about my sister, her report cards were uniformly F, but they passed her on.  Was she listed as "retarded" (now they don't use that term, it is "special needs" or some other euphemism).  I wonder if Mom knew she was a slow learner before she started school?  There were 4 years between she and I, did she worry that I would be like her?  I was straight As, but Mom never let me see my sister's report card.  She died when she was 58 from a fall, and she couldn't read or write, but I couldn't believe that she couldn't keep a checkbook.  She seemed to think if she had checks then she had money.  I tried to keep her check register up to date, but it was impossible.  I wish I had questioned Mom, but she passed before my sister.

Anyway...


No comments :