Friday, December 13, 2019

Life moves along

Insurance for mobile homes (aka modular homes) has changed since the day when the only coverage you could get was auto insurance.  If you investigate these homes, they don't look like trailers anymore.  Top of the line is $100,000 and up, and is a triple wide, so 70 feet wide and 60 feet long, with nearly any option you want to add.  They are dry walled, taped, textured and painted; once in place they won't be "Mobile" anymore.  Still they are taxed as personal property and not real estate, which is a big saving.  My long range (next year) goal is to buy a double wide and live in it until this house is sold.  It is, thank the tax man, paid for.  Then I can repay the loan for the mobile home and still have plenty that we won't need to eat beans.  The first improvement here is the master bathroom, but I can't do that until I don't need it anymore.  A few days to go elsewhere is doable, but weeks, no way.  The very big incentive to living in a mobile home is that it is all one level.  Homes in this area are almost all with stairs, due to the up-and-down of the terrain.  I may make good with therapy until I can at least do 3 or 4 steps, with a hand rail, but that may not be possible.

Anyway, that is the rationale for moving, if only I can find a nice community of upscale homes that have a vacancy.  The two-edged part of this is to find the lot, and only then order the home.  Probably have to pay the going rate for a month, just to keep it available.  So complicated.

The cat with the expensive food is doing better already, eating well and acting up (NOT akaking up). I hope she continues to improve, I feel defeated when they get sick and then the vet treats the symptoms and not the cause.  She and the other 3 cats are completely indoors so how do they catch these things?  One of those puzzles.

There was this strange noise last night around 10 pm.   It sounded like snow sliding off a metal roof, which is completely impossible, for one, I am on the lower level, no roof for here, two, no snow, three, snow doesn't bark.  When C looked all he saw was the neighbor-across-the road dog trailing a length of chain.  He ran away when he saw C, I hope he got back home without strangling himself.  I thought he just dragged his chain across the downspout, but seen in daylight there was no damage visible.  Another puzzle.  Update:  we never saw or heard that dog after this night.  Either he ran away and tangled his chain, or they found someone to re-home him.  I hope he wasn't hurt.  Owners can be so clueless and the pet suffers.

Well, I am ready for bed.  The therapy today was difficult as I am sore from the fall, and even cancelling the part that puts stress on my left leg didn't completely fix it.  I am so tired.  Bye!



No comments :