Friday, May 10, 2019

More doctor visits

I went to see the derm doctor on Wednesday for a skin check, and wouldn't you know it she found a suspicious spot on, of course, my face.  It will take 3 to 7 days to get the results from the biopsy, they would call if it showed anything.  Otherwise, by mail and see you in 6 months.  The question is, is the spot a basal cell carcinoma or just a spot?  I grew up in Miami, so years in the sun, and at that time, there weren't any sunscreens except clothing.  Once PABA screens came out, I used it faithfully, but there were times when I forgot -- until the next day when the burn showed up.  I was never one to lay out in the sun to get a tan, or use a sunbed,  I don't even now, the process gives me a raging headache.  So I wait.  Again.

I twisted my shoulder during the breast biopsy, and it is only now can I raise my arm above my shoulder.  If I have another breast biopsy I will make certain that I am in a position where I am more comfortable, and not have all my upper body weight propped up on one arm.  I am too agreeable, when I said I need to re-arrange myself, the techs/nurses said oh no you have to stay this way, so I agreed, dumb me.  At least a mammogram doesn't hurt (much) afterward.

Good news about the neighbor's cat that they left behind, he seems to be amenable to eating here, and I don't see signs that our old old cats are chasing him off.  I think he is only semi-tame, he won't be petted or eat from his plate if you are too close.  I could be sure it is him if  he and one of ours weren't both solid black.  Hope he gets tamer when winter comes, and he will need to huddle into the space in the garage around the heater.

God I just realized that today is May 10th, three years since N died in our hands next to the truck.  Guess that that is a sign I am healing.  But I really miss him!.





Bye for now!

No comments :