Thursday, May 30, 2019

It's getting better every day

This last week have seen multiple financial crushes, hopefully that is all for the near future.  The HAU (home septic unit) blew the motor bearings, so that needed to be replaced; $$$.  The trip to the vet for Dottie came to >$400.  C is badly bummed because his brand new (just arrived today) Dell computer won't turn on.  A very basic task, don't you think?   I spent the majority of the day looking online at CA king mattresses, wow, they cost the earth!  I'm not sure how I would describe the softness/firmness that I want, we will have to go and bounce test a few models at the mattress store.  Damned if I will pay more than $1000 for one.  The current one is all lumpy and sags when I sit on the edge, it is more than 13 years old, it replaced a leaking water bed.  We just turned it a few weeks ago, so now both sides are worn down.  One of my 'scrips has once again been denied, we go through this every time I try to refill it.  I see the doctor tomorrow (GP) who will hopefully write a refill for more than one month.  The house pressure washing guy is due to leave an estimate tonight, more expense.  The mildew/algae really shows up on the cream vinyl siding, and our pressure unit is just too weak, and really I want it done thoroughly by someone who knows what they are doing.
Update:  The doctor did write for a 30 day supply of Ultram (not generic as per Dr. Diab (rheumatology).  However the insurance will only cover 7 pills, so I am picking up the cost myself..... VC is really bummed himself.  My silk outfit is MIA, and I spent hours on the phone to get a trace started with USPS.  
The new neighbors are all moved in I guess, the uhaul truck is gone.  So far, at least, they don't have a dog.  I hope they notice Smudge is hanging out and feed him, I've only seen him once here, the other cats must have chased him away.  We will feed him if he comes here, but I am not setting up a breakfast bar for coons, possums, and all the cats in the neighborhood.  There are possums in the garage tonight!  


The MRI I had on Tuesday came back with the expected anomalies, but no sign of cancer.  I was dreading the process, but really it wasn't bad.  I kept  my eyes closed (in the future I will get a cloth to drape over them) and counted to 60 really slowly, three times, and I was done.  20 - 25 minutes altogether.  No claustrophobia to mention.



Hope all of you are having a relaxed and pleasant weekend.


No comments :