Friday, May 24, 2019

better still to come

Well, other than falling yesterday in the bathroom, trying to step on the scale, I am doing pretty well.  Today I saw the ortho surgeon, and he did his usual magic with a cortisone injection in the left (unreplaced) knee.  They last about 2 months, but can only be given every 3 months, so the last few weeks have been misery.  He is going to try something else (Zilretta) in two months, maybe to last longer.  The injections he is contemplating run about $600, each.  I fell sort of to the side in the bathroom, giving myself a whalloping bruise, but no real damage except for a bad case of the shakes.    It all happened so fast, I'm not sure why I fell.

My face biopsy came back all clear, come back in 3 months. Woohoo.

The attic clear out is still ongoing, maybe 1/3 done.  So much junk.  I have been surprised at how many empty boxes there are up there, guess R can use them to pack up.

Another of our cats, Dottie, needs to go to the vet, she is acting very weird this last week, looking all droopy.  Here comes another bill.

There is an extra critter in the ceiling down here, got in somehow off the porch I guess.  It starts munching around 4 am, and I rap on the ceiling here and there with my cane, then blast music for a couple of hours.  I am not sure who is getting punished, me or the critter.  It was quiet last night (or I slept more soundly) but there is rat poison up in the corner where there is a small gap in the drywall, hopefully it is just what it needs to move on to the next incarnation.  I have been waiting for the attic-clearers to find rodents of some type, but not so far.  Fingers crossed.



No comments :