Thursday, January 31, 2019

Damn

I got up to check the water dripping in the tub, and what do I hear but the scrabble of a wild critter on the ceiling; I sure hope he settles down in a cold spot and succumbs to the sub-zero temperatures.  He is really active.  I won't be able to sleep until he is quiet.  I really hope he doesn't find a way to get into the inside of the room, then it will be me doing the scrambling.

He seems to have settled down for now.   It is 0 degrees outside and 63 degrees in the bathroom right now and I can't reach the thermostat to turn the baseboard heater up.  I want to shower in the morning. but it is only 69 in there now.  Brrrr.  I will remember this in the summertime when I am hot and sticky.

I bought and returned a hair comb that is electric, thinking that it would help me smooth the fuzzy part of my hair.  Unfortunately, my hair is too short for it to work, and I returned it.  Today I got another hair comb delivered, but my credit card has not (yet?) been used.  I am at a loss to know what is best for me to do, and I wrote to the seller detailing the previous schedule from purchase to refund. I really don't want the thing.

I bought 18 spice containers, the kind that is metal and magnetic, to live on the freezer door and free up some counter space in the kitchen.  Then I had to have a white marker to label them on the front black sticker, and of course, all new spices to fill them.  I think some of the Tupperware holders still have spices dating from 10 years ago when I first filled them, they have no smell at all now.  Somewhere I saw a service that sends you all new spices every 12 months, but the price!  I bought these from Penzeys and I will date them on the back so I will know when they need to be changed out.  And then I had to buy and glue on stronger magnets, without them they will stay up on the door only if they are empty, which sort of defeats the purpose.  And as it turns out, they need to be thoroughly cleaned with alcohol to remove the black powder which is invisible, but shows up when I wipe them with alcohol, cutting oil I think it is called.  All in all, a lot of effort for what was supposed to be a simple job.





No comments :