Thursday, January 24, 2019

Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday, and the only good wishes come from the financial adviser and the photography forum.  This, even though I mentioned the day several times to R and C, and we are going out to dinner tomorrow (I chose the restaurant and made the reservation) because Friday R gets off early instead of 8 pm.  So, Happy happy happy birthday, to me!

I cleared out the computer room, two days ago, big improvement.  Now there is nothing on the floor, the chrome kitchen cart fits nicely in the spot I picked out, sorted into plastic boxes and labeled.  I also pitched a big kitchen bag of miscellaneous dreck, and now I can get in here to the computer without having to sidle in with my walker.  Tax time is soon to get going, so at least so far I have corralled the important papers, yeah me.  Of course after cleaning everything out/going through every stack and drawer, I could scarcely lift my arms (tall bookcase) and had to take a pain pill, leaving me just 5 more, and I won't see the ortho doctor until March.  I'm not an abuser of pain meds, but damn, sometimes there is more pain than Tylenol can fix. 

I was seen in the orthotic clinic yesterday and they took a cast of my right leg, and showed me the photo of what the brace will look like.  It will take 5 weeks or so to be custom made, and my insurance will pay thank the gods.  I had to stand on my left foot alone for about 20 minutes, and had to have the right leg manipulated and it all hurt, it was only with maximum effort could I get out of the car once we were home.  Then, next therapy session that afternoon.  Pain.

I have two DVDs, one for Photoshop Elements 2018 video training, and one is Cross stitch software, and neither have even been out of their boxes.  I had a video training for CS 2 and I never finished it, it was a workbook on a disc, and very well laid out, but there you go.  More money than sense.

We didn't manage to catch the BIG possum raiding our garage, I think the trap is too small for such a large critter.  It hasn't been seen since that first night, so maybe taking up the cat food will make it move on down the line.  Yesterday was trash day, and there were the home owners picking up garbage on their driveway where a cat (or coon) had torn into the bags.  Garbage cans, folks, garbage cans.  This is what they are made for.

                                           (not to mention using pitch to pitch it within and without with pitch, a little redundant don't you think?)

No comments :