Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Playing Possum

I am as much of a nature lover as anyone, but the one mammal I can't bear is the possum.  It looks like a rat; and if you try to poke it with a broom or whatever, it will  hiss at you.  The tail is hairless (like a rat) and they can get really big.  We have been trapping the possums that visit our garage for the cat food crumbs at night.  Two so far, in the have-a-heart traps, that C took down to the far end of nowhere and turned loose.  I think there is one more.  There was one hanging on the bird feeder on the porch, which is way too close.  There have been 3 confirmed carriers of rabies, coons I think, in this county.  Bad time of year, the weather is cold and wet, and darkness arrives earlier every night (nothing new there).  I hate winter.



this is a short one... bye!


No comments :