Thursday, December 27, 2018

And Third Place is...

C caught another possum last night, it was in the garage eating the dry cat food that was left.  C whacked him with a broom, but instead of running away like any normal animal, it tried to hide under a table.  So he wedged the door of the have-a-heart trap open and reached under the table and grabbed the possum around the throat (gloves) and lowered him into the trap, put it in the truck and took it out to the Great Beyond in an undeveloped area and turned it loose.  Hopefully it doesn't have GPS.

That makes 3 possums in as many weeks.  Nasty beasts.

Christmas was great here, there were a whole lot of snacks, and some surprises too.  Both kids liked their sweatshirts, and I liked my $50 gift card to Amazon.  I have already spent it, on a  set of specialized presser feet for my sewing machine.  I think they will come tomorrow, the feet plus a manual, a DVD and a labeled organized storage case.  The steaks and baked  potatoes were yummy, and for dessert we had.... wait....oh yeah, we forgot the dessert.  Don't know how we would have eaten it after that meal anyway.  I couldn't even finish my steak, and C had it for lunch yesterday, the more power for possum wrangling.

R got the holidays off until next wednesday, I must come up with something to gainfully occupy her for some of that time.  Maybe she can help me with my closet clear out.  I have winter stuff in Rubbermaid tubs in the bottom of the closet, but there is nowhere to hang them until I clear out the stuff that is already hanging.  What fun.  I can't do it by myself with the damned walker.

We don't take down the decorations until Jan 1st, and it will only take about 15 minutes and one trip to the storage unit.  If only the closets were so simple.  I could fill a unit with just my clothes.


Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety-one?



No comments :