Sunday, April 29, 2018

Is there a doctor in the house?

I got a phone call from my doctor's nurse to set up an appointment to talk about my lab work and my swollen feet.  It is set for May 18th I think  (I wrote it down in my organizer)leaving me weeks to fret over what gives.  I looked up my lab results  on line and there are some that are really high and some really low, but I have long since forgotten what they pertain to.  It seems to me creatine and BUN are markers for kidney problems, but I am not sure  (I am a licensed  med tech can you believe it?).  I am determined to not look up these things online, it would only fuel my anxiety. They told us that no news is good news, and that they would call us if there was bad news, otherwise they would mail the results.

Yesterday I bought an Ottlite floor lamp to do my stitching.  I borrowed a small table top one to see how it is to stitch with one, and it is wonderful.  Might even do away with my magnifier, I shall see (get it, see?)  It was on sale, from $299.99 to 99.99, this for their top of the line model.  Hope it works out OK.  It is still a lot of money for crafting.  I guess it would work for splinter removing, and maybe for eyebrow plucking too.

I lost an almost new compact of face powder, Lancome brand.  I took it to the various skilled nursing places, along with the big short face brush to put it on.  My conclusion is that it got lifted while I was in one or the other places.  My aide at the last place said to hide my cash (all $5 dollars) as things were disappearing while patients were at therapy.  Lancome compacts run $35 or $40 apiece, so it would tempt someone who buys cosmetics at the grocery or drug store.  If it hadn't been new I wouldn't have minded so much, but we tore the room apart and it isn't here, and I don't remember seeing it or using it myself.   I think my eye liner is missing too, but that isn't a big loss.  I bought another compact from Sephora for $33 so it doesn't hurt too much.  Using makeup already used by someone else, yuck.  At one time you could buy used cosmetics on eBay, but they forbid it now, except for perfume, I think.  I remember being in one psychiatric hospital and having one of the patients ask to use my makeup, and I said no, but not very nicely I am afraid.  No boundaries.

Lancome is supposed to have a little diacritical over the e  but I don't remember how to do it.

There has been quite an uproar at the "Flosstube" group, a YoutubeI group for stitchers.  One of the members posted a risqué stitch project, leaning on the obscene side, and boy did things get hot.  Finally the admin people weighed in and said we're all adults, if you don't like it, pass on by.  That is the opposite of what I expected to happen, but good for them.  You'd think some members have never seen nudity, etc. before.

It is 3:30 am and I am back to bed.  Hope all is well with everyone, and that anyone who feels like stabbing something 10,000 times takes up cross stitching.

No comments :