Sunday, April 01, 2018

No fooling around here

It is April first, but I am not fond of practical jokes, or any joke that makes the listener the butt of the joke.  The student paper, which is quite nasty at times, doesn't come out on Sunday, so we are clear of that; unless they bring the paper out tomorrow.  One year it was entirely printed with bathroom jokes, this is for college age writers, not junior high school.  Some of the issues have been very clever, where you read the headline and think, What?! and then realize it is the first of April.  Now the jokes have given over completely  to the nasty, I am afraid.

I am currently wearing my latest craft project, a shark's tooth pendant on a black steel chain.  Many years ago I found a pretty large tooth in Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina at the water's edge which had been dredged and then the sand thrown up high on the beach.  We looked for quite a while and found many small teeth.  The only way to get big ones is with scuba gear.  Anyway the biggest one was found with hole already through the tooth, perfect for hanging as a pendant.  I wore it off and on for many years, and one of the tips finally broke off.  So I bought one (on Amazon, of course) and yesterday a glue (with Gorilla glue) was used to attach a finding (?) onto the back side.  It has been 24 hours so I am wearing here in the house so that if it comes off I can find it.  I will insert a photo here

And now you know how big the tooth is.  I would guess it is not as old as the solid black teeth, but I'm not picky.

All out of topics, bye for now, peace.

No comments :