Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twenty-two


View Larger Map
Update: do you see a big blank white rectangle above? Yeah, me too. I swear this was working earlier... You can see the house if you click on Larger Map, then click on the thumbnail of the street view to make it bigger. In theory.

I figured out how to put up a picture from Google maps (street view) which is so incredible. The house above in North Miami is the house where I grew up. Not much curb appeal, huh? My parents bought it new in 1952; I haven't seen it since 1971, my parents sold it and moved to Fort Lauderdale in 1975, I think. It looked much nicer when we lived there, because Mom was a fiend about the landscaping. The trellis visible near the front door is either our original one or a replica. The awnings are different, and we fenced the back yard but not the front. Mom had lovely croton shrubs under the windows in front, and a big gardenia shrub in a tub near the trellis. These Google maps are so amazing, before this I had only looked at the roof satellite photos, but this time I selected "street view" and there I was "looking" at the house across the street. I rotated 180 degrees, and there was our house. Neat.

Bumper Sticker for today: "Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

No comments :