Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thirty!! WooHoo!

Here we are at last, the end of this year's NaBloPoMo. I can't tell you what that stands for, because I have to look it up and then I always immediately forget. Anyway, I almost forgot to post today, I was so pleased at having gotten through the entire month, I almost forgot today! So here I sit, with gloves on (hand lotion) and actually having gone to bed and then to have to get up and do this. Glad I made it before midnight.

I have purposely not read all my usual blogs, or surfed blogs much, because so many of them are so good it makes me feel completely inadequate. Still, I remind myself that I do this blogging for my own reasons, and competing with other bloggers isn't one of them. And when I plan to do a post on some subject, I invariably wander off into some byway, because that's the way my brain works. After a 30 year career in lab work, I can multitask like a champ, but sticking to one line of thought isn't my strong point.

I took the Miata out today for a little drive, I wasn't sure after weeks of sitting in the garage, if it would even start, but it did, reluctantly. I drove around our neighborhood, and even though the rain was blowing horizontally today, I was happy to see so many Christmas decorations up, it made the places look quite festive. One nearby house has been sitting abandoned for months, no one seems to know why, but today I saw a truck in the carport, and the lawn has had all the fallen limbs picked up, so maybe it will be for sale soon. I saw another home, off my usual route, that is huge, has a separate 4 car garage, a golf cart, and a stretch limo in the drive. How did I miss that being built?

Well, thanks for reading along, and hope everyone has a happy holiday season.

Peace.



Bumper Sticker for today: "People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

No comments :