Friday, May 01, 2020

May Day, 5/1/20

Well my bad luck just goes on and on.  Now in yet even more opportunity I have gained an infected sore on the side of my right foot, from what I do not have the faintest clue.  It is large and very raw looking; C and I have kept it covered lightly and irrigated but 2 days ago I didn't like the looks of it, increasingly red and weepy, so off to Med Express, who declared it infected and put me on antibiotics for 10 days.  Since I wear my "boot" to bed, the working theory is that I rubbed my boot (very rough around the perimeter of the sole) on the edge of my unprotected foot and friction did the rest.  I'm not convinced this is what happened, but it is entirely possible.  Now I sleep with a small pillow between my knees to keep my legs separate even while I am asleep.  That foot has neuropathy and it doesn't hurt at all, which is both good and bad.

I have been watching "Goliath" with Billy Bob Thornton on Amazon prime, but I have become fed up with the dialog being "fuck" in every sentence and the bloody gore (like an up-close view of amputation ) as well, and have given up on the 3rd episode.  I think just the expletive alone would have been enough to bar it from TV but apparently not.  Anyway I have started watching Downton Abbey and with closed captioning I can even understand what is being said.  Although both Goliath and Downton show an awful amount of smoking, like TV was 45 years ago when commercials for cigarettes were taken off the air as well.  At a time back then I would not have even noticed.  I feel like I need to cough for them...

I got a book "How to draw what you see" from Amazon and flipping through it, it looks like a good step-by-step on drawing.  I'm not sure the light here is enough, and neither is the size of the table for the book and the paper, as well as the model.  Have to check it out.  I also have a copy of " Drawing on the right side of the brain".  From back in a time when there wasn't time for much of anything, between work and family jobs, horses, and so on.  I made some progress using it,  I will have to look at it as well.  It is, at least, spiral bound.  I would take the paperback to Office Depot to have it done as a spiral, but there isn't enough margin to get all of a page once cut.  Even putting each page in a protector isn't feasible because it is bigger than  8 1/2"  by 11"

The black cat who lives in the garage has been missing for over two weeks, but yesterday he reappeared, hungry, wet, thin, and demanding pets after food.  It must have been unrequited love with a female in springtime.  He is called, unimagining,  Blackie.  To distinguish him from Scaredy Gray, who undoubtedly has a real home and just comes here for snacks.  He disappears as soon as one of us shows up, but is never thin or ratty looking.  I just hope there aren't any wildlife types that have been munching the cat food while Blackie was gone.  If there are, it will be Have a Heart trap time, baiting with peanut butter.  Usually possum, ugh.








No comments :