Wednesday, May 20, 2020

posting blues

Hello!

It has been too long since the last post on the first of May, you would think by now I would have scads of things to relate, but you would be wrong.  Nothing much has been different since the first, so you will have to overlook the gap, and just read this post.

I went to see the orthopedic surgeon last week.  Discouraging that he sees the break on the tibia clearly, but some new bone along the side of the bone.  He said I could retire the boot, but not do any therapy ( as I did before the fall) until he sees me in one month.  I worry that this will be like the ankle fracture on the other side from years ago, that never healed without surgery to place screws to hold the two pieces together.  I try not to worry this time.

The bank finally came through with a line of credit so that I can proceed with the renovation of the bathrooms.  Unfortunately this means that I will have to move upstairs while they work, for around 2 weeks.  Getting there is the scary part, and even descending the stairs when I can go back to my big bathroom is daunting.  I try not to dwell on the whole process.

I finished watching Downton Abbey, it seems to have a death in each episode, it is a wonder that they didn't run out of characters to complete the story.  I have been watching a few pages of other videos to try and find another series to watch.  So far no luck.  I want to begin with S1 ( the first season) so all the listings without the first season I skip.  Mostly I try to find what is reasonable (no foreign language, no black and white (like Dark Shadows), no irritating characters, not too much gore).  There are selections that I saw when they were on TV (like Eureka), so I skip those; I don't want silliness.  and I don't enjoy movies, there is no place to break off and resume later.  I do use closed captioning for UK and Oz films so I don't have to puzzle out what did he say? and miss the next three pages.  I am watching A Difficult Woman but so far it hasn't really struck me as a series (of 2 episodes!) that I will enjoy.  At least they are free with my Prime membership in Amazon.   I mostly depend on reviews and the synopsis to cut down watching stuff I know I won't enjoy.

What a trivial thing to fool around, with all the deaths (80,000 and up in the US) from the coronavirus infections.  Other than stay home, C goes to the grocery store, I haven't felt the pressure to deal with the chance of infections.  I did wish we could have had a steak dinner on Mother's Day, but other than a visit to the ortho clinic  and to have my blister checked out (infected) I haven't been outside of the house.  I read Time magazine, and watch the news on my MacBook, so I am fairly up-to-date with the progress of the infection.  Personally I think "reopening" now is a very bad idea, and predict a surge of new infections.  Hope I am wrong.  I know if the trump thinks it is OK it has to be a bad idea.  Guess he and his cohorts are suffering the pinch of very little income spending, hence the $1200 checks.  Unfortunately for them, people are spending on only vital necessities, like food, rent, medicine, credit payments, and so forth.  Hard to skim off that commerce.

That's it for today, not a thrill is it?  I hope to do better next time,  Even if it is bad jokes...

Bye!

Click on image to get a larger and more readable version.


No comments :