Friday, April 03, 2020

Ring ring...

Well, it turns out that our landline phone is not working.  We cannot call out, and there is no ring tone for calling in.  That is the reason we have had no spam calls.  It has been like this since Sunday, or earlier, and the phone company is sending a lineman to check things out on the pole, etc.  I am expecting a call from the Nephrology clinic before Friday, so I hope we don't trundle along to an appointment that has been canceled.  I can call them on my cell line, I hope, when Thursday arrives.

I was drifting around on eBay and I found a whole lot of macrame for sale.  I made an offer for a wall hanging of a tree of life ($50) and when I tried to pay for it, the message generated was "this item cannot be shipped to WV"  Say what?  Then I got a message from the seller that the shipping would be $250, did I still want it?  To which I replied, NO.  So the order was canceled whew!  This is a first for me, and I have been dealing on eBay since 1997.  I know shipping for UPS and USPS has increased in the last month, but really...

I was ill on Sunday and canceled my nail appointment.  She comes to the house and I know she depends on that payment in her budget.  The tattoo store where she works has been closed (at the same time as hair salons) for now, and if she doesn't work she doesn't get paid.  Last week one of the local nursing homes were tested and they found 29 positive cases of the virus.  Two have gone to the hospital and the others are sheltering in a closed wing of home, no visitors.  Before my parents passed away I spent a lot of time there, and I never saw anyone using the hand sanitizer on the wall, when they were coming in or leaving the room.  If they are not doing this now, I see a lot of law suits in the future.  The nursing home I was in used them faithfully, as well as soap and water, two years ago.

An update:
As if I didn't have enough bad luck, I now have more.  Tuesday at 3 a.m. I fell in the bathroom and broke my ankle.  We had to get the fire dept. guys to get me off the floor and back to bed.  By 10 a.m. I realized this was not a sprain, and when I called 911 I told them it wasn't an emergency but that I needed transport to the ER for my broken ankle.  It was either them, or have C wrestle me into his car, and neither of us wanted to do that.  So 10 or more Xrays later they fixed my broken ankle with a splint and said to call my ortho doctor for a cast.  So here I sit with a boot on, and an appointment for next week.  If the boot holds things together, great; and if it shifts I get a new surgery on my ankle.  As much as I love surgery (NOT).

Back to bed.

Cheers!

No comments :