Thursday, April 09, 2020

Boot

My ankle had not shifted in the last week, and I saw the x-rays yesterday.  So 6 weeks in the boot, which can be removed to shower, and to go to bed.  Given the current state of COVID-19 locally,  I am glad to give surgery plus in-hospital recovery a mighty big hurrah! and go home.  Everyone in the ortho clinic and later at the pharmacy were wearing masks, so I ordered a three pack from Amazon (where else?) that are 3 layers and can be washed and reworn.  The 3rd one can be used as a stand-in while another mask dries.  Somewhere in the garage, over by the painting supplies, is a box of disposable masks, but unreachable for now.  The new ones are black, and stand out from the blue ones.

And speaking of the pharmacy, we got 5 of six scripts filled, but have to return for number 6 once they get resupplied, today probably.  They have a 20 people limit inside the store, so C had to wait outside (in the car) while they prepared them.  How long does this go on?  I mean a real estimate, not what is being Trumped.  Too bad hot air doesn't work on a virus.

I have been cleared to return to therapy, for the right knee, and light work on the left knee, I will call today to schedule.  I hate to lose all the progress I have made, and I look forward to seeing someone other than us.  I think I have already begun stiffening.  Also I have been bored out of my mind...

I sent a Thank You note to my retiring psych doctor yesterday, and a note about my Dr. M appointment so they get an alert when called for records.  Too bad there are so many doctors here, but only a handful of independent psych doctors.  I certainly hope this works out.  I had my retiring dr. for 20+ years.  I had a therapist about 20 years ago who terminated our sessions even though I asked him to continue.  My replacement therapist was gold, and I didn't miss him after a week or 2.  Now she has moved away, and I am only needing psych meds from the new Dr., and no actual counseling, I think.


No comments :