Thursday, March 19, 2020

Robin pestiferous

Last year there was a robin doing battle with the side mirror on the truck.  We tried to discourage it with shiny tape, pinwheels, and so on, but migration finally solved the problem of huge amounts of bird poop all over the sides of the truck.  And wouldn't you know it, but she is back this year again.  So today I ordered mirror covers and a big inflated balloon that has owl-type eyes on it. huge ones.  Once it is inflated I figure we can tether it to the windshield wiper arms.  I don't have much hope that this will help, but I think we need to try something.

The check from the saddle sale came and it was nice to see money coming in, and not just going out.  And I got the estimate for the bathroom remodeling, but the bank is closed.  All except the drive-up windows, for two weeks, the email stated.  I can't very well discuss a loan, etc., with no one at the desks.  I may try another bank where we had the original home mortgage, although it has been paid off years ago.  So far they are open for now.

Today was the first time I have been out of the house in two weeks, and went to the dentist.  Starting tomorrow they will be closed for 2 weeks, at the direction of the state dental board.  WV has one confirmed case, but has done very little testing, which will change soon.  We live in the back of beyond, and we have a reasonable amount of food and supplies on hand, so I, at least, am catching up on Amazon prime viewing.  The latest that I am watching is called the Lost Room.  I have seen this years and years ago, and just recently tried to remember the title or actors, so when the synopsis appeared I was delighted. I am not watching it all at one sitting, I want to have a chance to mull it over as it progresses.  I am seeing it on my MacBook, it is OK even if it is a very small screen.

The college students on spring break are at the ocean partying as usual, virus or no virus.  I remember a book title, "There is no fate.  There is only choice."  I certainly don't remember being so bold when I was in college, even during the Vietnam era, but times do change.

Time to wrap this up, I haven't gotten a cartoon yet, but I will add that later.  Bye!


No comments :