Monday, March 09, 2020

Miscellaneous



My uncle was a high school science teacher years ago, but then took over adult education for the entire state.  It meant he had to travel a lot, but it gave him an intimate knowledge of how to get wherever  in the state.  He retired quite a while ago to help take care of my aunt, but I never expected that he would be the first to die;  she died about 5 weeks later.  Did I already relate what he said to me when we were leaving from a visit?  I was always the last to go, and he would give me a big hug and whisper," I love you".  It made me cry every time; there aren't many left to say that to me now.  It makes me cry now, too.

C is currently taking a load of junk to the transfer station and the garage looks amazing, most of the debris is gone and the floor swept of leaves.  I want to hire someone to help clear the attic into the garage where we can sort it, donate or pitch.  I have the classified ad here, but man do I hate calling a complete stranger.  Last night C burned some of the brush and 8 bales of hay, still have 50 more to burn thru the spring.  It is all moldy, must have been stacked too close to the wall where frost would form and make it all nasty when it thawed.  Baled hay doesn't burn well, even cutting the baling twine and fluffing the hay so air can penetrate.  It does eventually smolder away, with repeated attempts.  There is still more cleaning up in the barn to be done.  Of course.

The Beans cat is in the hallway crying like a baby, she is carrying her "bird" toy so she sounds like it is more a wail than a meow.  Eventually she will be flipping it up in the air and it will end up behind the washer or whatever, until we retrieve it, she has us totally trained.

We call her Beans because she is full of them.  She is 16 y.o. and I dread the day she passes, it is always the most loved that goes first.

I finally found the missing camera-to-computer cable so I can get the photos onto the Photoshop app for editing.  It was, of course, right in front of me.  Sometimes I search and search for things that I am holding in my left hand.  Sigh.

Onwards and upwards...


No comments :