Saturday, June 29, 2019

Good Omens

I've been watching Good Omens, based on the book by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman on Amazon Original.  It is really a hoot, although I may be prejudiced by having read the book years ago, and so I  have a vague notion of how it progresses.  I hate to binge watch things, I'm saving for one episode a day, 6 episodes in all.

And speaking of binging, I have once more cruised eBay for likely purchases, mainly clothes, but also odds and ends.  I can't get up to go on an actual shopping trip, so I make do with virtual shopping.  It makes my wardrobe all one-of-a-kind; now if I could only find somewhere to wear them.  My last delivery was wrong, not the top I won.  It is the wrong brand, sleeves, no pockets, no button up closure and on and on.  The only thing that matches is the color:  bronze/gold.  It is also too small.  So the seller is going to send me the correct top and I can keep the wrong one, no refund.  Works for me.  I can't wear it unless I lose weight (some) but I hate to mail things out, wrapping, addressing, traveling to PO, paying, and sending the tracking number to the seller.

R has moved into her apt., and I notice a few things there that were originally here.  It doesn't matter, I have 'way too many things, just sitting.  She is buying a lot of things; yesterday she got a nice red couch and the day before she equipped the kitchen.  I would have recommended a larger microwave, and gotten some plastic containers for left-overs, and some plastic wrap too.  Ah well, no one asked me for my opinion.  The red couch was liberally sprinkled with dog hair, but R took my dust devil hand vacuum to it and it looks fine now.  Unfortunately the appt. previous renters were smokers, and she is having to double-clean every inch of the place.  Basically, it will fade with time, and she is the one who complained (and complained) about cat hair here, so now she has a new target.  When we cleaned her bedroom, it was astonishing how much dust and fur was under her bed; not a dust bunny, this was more like a dust kangeroo.  Basketball size, it completely filled the vacuum bag twice.  Apparently, she *never* vacuumed her bedroom.  Every flat surface was *coated* with dust/fur.  So having her clean now is quite amusing.

I think we will be having Words with the new neighbors about their dog.  It was in our yard, barking at the cats, the horse, our car, etc.  C. shouted at it to "go home" and it ran away, but the neighbors were outside and heard him, and the next time he was outside they kept him on a leash.  Err, the dog, not C.  I have hopes they will fence in the back of their lot.  No more dogs for us, and probably no more cats either, once these are gone.  Once the horse is gone, we will probably move too, somewhere in town and probably a mobile home which is step-less.




No comments :