Saturday, June 15, 2019

Plumbers

Well, we had a pair of plumbers out twice for the commode to be reset with no leak at the bottom of the bowl.  Each visit was $250 and did not clear the problem.  I called a different plumber this time and he totally reset the entire unit, and so far (knock on wood) it is  OK.  His bill was $250 also, making a grand total of $ 750.  If this doesn't fix it, I will buy a port-a-potty to put in the back yard.

I have been working on my clear-out for this room, and I have things I don't remember getting.  The first biggie is a suede full-length coat in a pretty shade of blue, stuffed in a plastic bag in the top of the closet.  It still fits, is from Roamans, and I swear I never wore it, although I have a dim recollection of buying it.  It is a swing type, no fasteners to keep it closed, and may be why I never wore it.  That was back in the days when I never returned anything, while now, if it is wrong somehow, zipppp, back it goes.  Too late for this coat!

The other thing I found is a pair of opal earrings, still in the jewelry box, I think Mom gave them to me.  At one time I would wear a pair of earrings night and day for several weeks, and opals don't hold up to soap and water for very long, if at all.  These were in a coat pocket.  I check every pocket now and have in the past bought a pair of jeans on eBay that had $20 in the pocket.  I dithered about returning it to the seller, but they were washed in a load of jeans laundry and it could have been from some other pair.  My daughter found it in the washer and she didn't want to share...😀

The white cat Dottie is doing better, eating and using the box, in the blue bedroom where we have her isolated, so she won't get hassled by the other cats.  She sleeps a lot, but doesn't seem lethargic when she is awake.  Hope all is well now.  She is 10 years old, not old for an indoor cat.  The feistiest cat is 16.

 Here is Dottie:







No comments :