Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Odds and Ends

Let's see:

The silk outfit I thought was undeliverable showed up.  We found it in the weeds at the end of the driveway, rather like someone pitched it out of the window.  Included was the other mail for that day. I think the lady doing the trace knocked someone loose to check for the package.  It had no sign of having been opened.  It's a puzzle.

The new neighbors do have a dog, and he barks.  A lot.  Hopefully they will put up a fence at the back of their property.  I don't think Smudge will try to get friendly (fed) by them, with a dog at the back door. There are two boys, both pretty young.  They are still carrying stuff into the house.

R has a date of June 21 to move into her apartment, but she has made no effort to box up or organize stuff she will need to have.  I have moved a bunch of times, several across the country, but has she asked me for my opinion?  No.

C caught a teeny tiny mouse in the floor vent in his room.  It is amazing how much noise one small mouse can make from inside ductwork.  I fear there is a whole family somewhere in the duct work.  C took the mouse down to the grass outside, where it looked around as if to say, what is all this green stuff?  I think it will be a nice meal for a wandering snake.  So far no further noises in C's room.

Dottie went to the vet and the diagnosis is still unknown; the vet wanted to do X-rays and an ultrasound, for really big bucks (thousands).  Instead the working diagnosis is inflamed digestion.  So more pills; the work they did for this was $200+.

We have the have-a-heart trap set in the garage for a week or so, but no takers so far.  Maybe  the possums don't like peanutbutter...

The pressure washing guy gave me an estimate and put us on the schedule.  Should be done in a week or so.  This rainy spring and now summer makes everything grow, including the algae.  It is really visible.  If I think of it, I will take a photo of before and after washing; the cleaning includes something that retards the re-growth for at least a while.

My goal for tomorrow is to clear everything off the flat surfaces, put it on the bed, and then sort it.  Once I get it sorted, I will ask C to help me with stowing it all back where it belongs.  Maybe not all of it in the first pass, but every bit helps with clearing.  I have read three books on downsizing the family home, and it is daunting.  They all say to start with the closet, but I know me; I would never make it back out alive from there.  One of the books is Marni  ____ (don't remember her last name) a professional organizer in Japan.  All I could think while I read it, was, gosh, they don't have much space, and they don't have much stuff.  It is her idea to clear from the bed, I will have to see how that goes.

That's it for today, I hope I haven't bored you to tears.  Here is a smile:






No comments :