Thursday, July 11, 2019

summer??

I can't believe it is mid-July already; it seems I was just admiring the tiny leaves on the trees, and putting the windows on the car down to catch the breezes.  Yesterday the high was 90 degrees and it felt totally accurate.  I have been buying lightweight sweaters now while the prices are down.  Last spring I had either long sleeved shirts, or heavy sweaters, so these light weight sweaters should be just the in-between top.  I hope.  It is hard to think of winter now.

I went to the hospital for an ultrasound last week, they are way less painful than a mammogram.  I walked miles as they have reorganized all of the ground floor, and the next day I could scarcely stir from bed, I was so sore.  The results were fine, re-do in 3 months.  I went to the podiatrist yesterday, and we had to wait over an hour to be seen; we waited until the last patients had been called, and C muted the TV.  It was tuned to soap operas, right then showing the "Bold and the Beautiful" and I am amazed by the number of people who watch it.   I should have brought my Kindle, but the battery is getting weak at holding a charge.  I am currently working on a pair of old Barbara Hambly fantasy books, paperbacks, R had them for months, and are now beaten to pieces.  She ordered new/lightly used copies, and gave mine back.  I think she should have given me the newer copies, and continued using the beat up ones.  I'm sure the thought never crossed her mind.  She's doing OK in her apartment, and last night was the first dinner she cooked on her stove.  Meanwhile she has been microwaving, rice cooker, or cereal for dinner.  The laundromat isn't far from her place, but she has already used up the quarters I gave her, it is $1.75 per washer.  I know she is going to want to buy a washer and dryer, each apartment has a little alcove for hooking them up, but we always bought ours from Sears, which is pfffft.  So I can't really recommend a brand/model.  They're probably all made in China anyway.




No comments :