Tuesday, April 02, 2019

I'm not sure where this will end up; maybe in the 'delete' pile.

The second mammogram ('special' one) followed by an ultrasound gave me a fix on where the suspicious lump is.  I never felt it until then, and cannot feel it now, but the ultrasound left me really sore in one particular spot.  The surgeon is out until tomorrow, and he is the only one to handle results, his nurse told me.  She had, before the other tests, told me that I would have the results Friday, but she didn't realize he was out Friday, through Monday (today).  I guessing what the result will be, but if I am right any treatment will be different than it was 8 years ago when I had the original surgery.  C is very down, one more thing he will have to handle, that was N's purview before 2016.  Nothing I can do to make it better, the worst thing any parent has to deal with.

I got a letter from Unclaimed Property in this state, I had filed for it a few weeks ago.  It isn't the check (yet) but it told me how much it would be.  TA DA!! the sum is $28!!!  From Google, and I have no idea where I paid something off?  or had a credit from something I paid?  Anyway, I had visions of old apartment deposits, utility deposits, and so forth, alas, dashed.   Still, $28 is better than nothing.

I fell yesterday, twice to the floor and once I grabbed onto a grab bar in the bathroom.  The bathroom fall is the worst.  I had to holler for help because my cell phone was -- pause -- on the charging stand. You'd think I would have corrected this after the first fall, wouldn't you?  The falls were without warning, just blam! and I was gone.  I am so anxious now that I won't leave the bed until daylight, for some reason falls at night (the first fall) feel worse.  I didn't drink anything after dinner so I wouldn't have to go after bedtime, and that worked fine.  I am scheduled for an MRI tomorrow, and I am divided about whether I am going to have it or not.  It is for my spine, and that will be the day I will hear from the surgeon.  I think I will postpone until I know what is, will be, going on.  I know I will cancel the dentist on Thursday, that can wait to reschedule too.  With the recent falls, I am not willing to risk another fall on the little ramp and then 2 steps up into the office.



Update:  I heard from the doctor, and they are scheduling a biopsy now and more films later.  Fingers crossed...





No comments :