Thursday, April 25, 2019

I'm a little late

I did not get back to finish my last post, so I decided to start a fresh page, so to speak.

I am soon to see an old friend on Monday as she passes through town on her way to VA, and I am very excited for us to meet, it has been 4+ years of just emails and letters.  One phone call when N died.  So we will have a lot of catching up to do.

The pharmacy called to tell me that the doctor denied a request for a refill for the drug, it is gabapentin, used to treat neuropathy.  It has apparently become a new drug of abuse, where very high dosages get you high.  The levels would be 1800 mg or so; I take 100 mg daily.  If they refuse they should offer a substitute treatment for the misery the neuropathy causes in my feet.  If it spreads I will become more and more impaired.  So once again the druggies have ruined a perfectly good treatment because they take a liking to a side effect.  I am thinking of pain meds, I have a fairly good tolerance for pain, but trying to medicate severe pain with Tylenol is ridiculous.  There has to be a better way.

 I am going crazy (short trip) trying to find a pair of earrings that I bought just a few months ago.  I remember putting them on - they have a screw-on back rather than the usual butterfly holder - and damned if I can find them.  They are blue CZ, and R helped me put the back on, speaking of neuropathy, without dropping them 50 times.  She doesn't know where they went either.  I have looked in every jewelry box and drawer, more than once, and they aren't there.  If they are upstairs I'm sunk.  This is why I never wear the diamonds that Mom gave me, I would be devastated if I lost one of them.



1 comment :

elizabeth said...

Try pregabalin (brand name Lyrica). Same family as Neurontin, might be covered by insurance. Wishing you the best as you struggle with the neuropathy.