Friday, March 29, 2019

How time flies

Today is my sister's birthday, she would have been 72, but she has been gone 15 years.  I can't honestly say that I miss her, she gave our parents so much grief and worry, and once told me, "they promised me" whatever that meant.  The folks were on the brink of losing their home, I had no idea until I took over paying their bills after Mom couldn't cope any longer.  No,  I don't miss my sister, and when I think of all the money our parents threw down the rabbit hole, with not even a thank you,  I get furious all over again.  Their retirement wasn't what they deserved.

I went to the hospital yesterday for a repeat mammogram and an ultrasound.  It was damned painful, they compress so much, I am still sore today.  I don't, of course, know any results.

We are finished with winter days, now if only we could get some sunshine and blue skies.  I read somewhere that this area only gets 30 days of sun in a year!  I believe it.  Grey is the color of our year.  I am still using the electric fireplace, the room has only one tiny vent from the furnace for this entire 20 X 40 room.  I watch the various home improvement shows online, like Property Brothers, and Chip and Joanna, and a majority of the remodelers want "real" fireplaces.  The only ones that want a fireplace are the ones who have never lived with one.  For instance: hauling wood into the house, dribbling bark and dirt across your floor (having spent money, or your labor, to get the wood and stack it in the first place); scraping ashes out, trying not to spill any; trying to get the fire to "catch"; and worst of all, making a commitment to stay in the house/room while the fire is still burning, so a log doesn't spray burning sap across your floor and set your house on fire when no one is around.  Oh yeah, and then there is the necessity to get the flue cleaned out every year or so or else risk a chimney fire.  All in all, a gas fireplace is the best, on at the flip of a switch, off the same, and they deliver real warmth to the room.  There, that's my vote.

I've fielded 3 robo phone calls so far this morning, I have no idea how they came up with name and number.  I always give my cell phone number if it is a trivial contact because I never can hear it buzz, and if they leave a message, I never call back if I don't recognize the number.  Sometimes the number they leave is my own number!  I may occasionally talk to myself, but never on the phone...

Nearly lunch time, I don't want to miss that.  Bye for now!


No comments :