Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Daylight savings time

Yesterday morning was "spring forward" day, and once again my sense of when throughout the day is messed up.  I see where there is a movement nationwide to keep us on daylight savings time all the time, and I am in favor.  There was one time when the government decreed we do just that.  It was to conserve fuel during that time, and damn I never figured that out but enjoyed it anyway.  Having some daylight when I get off work (before I retired) was great, time to mow, exercise the horses, work in the garden, that is just my opinion, but it would do something good instead of the bull*hit about something the POTUS doles out.

I have been working on the cross stitch chickadees pattern, I need it before July 4th and that is not much time, when I include framing, shipping and so forth.  It is going but I feel like it is taking far too much effort,  I hope I will pick up speed when the birds themselves are done.  If I don't make my deadline, there is always Christmas.  Which is what I said last year!  My new light/magnifier are a big help, the old one was 4X and this one is 30X.

 C is all mended from his fall in the road, just a tender spot on his head.  Selfishly I think what I would do if he couldn't help care for me.  I need to practice getting up from the floor by myself, but the main kicker is meals, not being able to get to the kitchen by myself yet.  I have this uncanny reverie when I go down for the night, I call them my MIs, short for morbid ideation.  Can't seem to shut down and let me get to sleep quickly,  instead of laying there and feeling what ifs swamp me.

It is 3 in the morning and my eyelids are waging demands about staying open, so I will leave this for the morning to finish.  Ta!

Continuing

I fell last night I guess.  I remember sitting in my chair when whoosh! the chair went down to the lowest setting.  I got up, lifted the lever to bring the seat back up, and then...
I have no memory of what happened next, but I don't remember a fall, just being on the floor.  I thought No Problem! I've practiced this --
So I crawled over to the bed, grabbed hold of the frame, and for the life of me I couldn't get my "good" foot on the floor to push me up.   Finally I call C and he boosted me up.  The next morning I didn't remember anything until C asked me how I felt.  Weird.  Guess I need more practice.





Bye for now...

No comments :