Saturday, July 10, 2021

here I go again

 Well, I fell last night, around 4 am.  I was on my way to the bathroom when my crappy knee buckled and down I went with my walker on top of me.  I had my cell phone on the walker and called, sigh, C.  The only good part was that we got me up, no EMS needed, and to the bathroom and back in bed.  Never got back to sleep, it figures.  This is so tiresome, there isn't a day goes by that I don't feel regret for having my knee "fixed".  The ortho doctor says fusion of my knee is my only possible cure for falling, but I will go to a wheelchair full time first.  No more surgery.  No more "fixing".

I am reading a new book, Her Last Breath by Hilary Davidson.  It is a little slow, but I am only on page 50.  My next book will probably be The Midnight Child by Karen Mc question.  Both are Amazon books with 5 stars.  Although they are paperbacks, the first one is 8" by 5.5" , and 284 pages, large for a paperback.  I have two of my 4 Kindles charged up, far easier on the wrists to read; I have several Kindle unread books on them, but the charging is always lagging it seems.  

Yesterday I got a diabetic box with meter, lances, charging cord, reaction sticks, all the mod cons.  This came courtesy of the Fed BC/BS.  The last meter and such were from years ago and became a way station for ants, ugh, right in the trash it went.  At least I will know if I am pre-diabetic, I never know what to say when asked if I am diabetic.  For certain I don't use injectable insulin, and for now I don't use oral meds either.


No comments :