Monday, April 26, 2021

loose dog

 I cannot understand how this font is the one I want, but I have to choose the font, the size, and so on every time--even within a post when it will revert to the unwanted selections.  So if I shrink or begin writing in a weird typeface, bear with me, I will figure it out eventually.

I refuse to re-write the whole damn thing over again.

Last night we heard a dog barking really close to our house, and when C went to look, it was that damn dog from across the road.  He was barking at our scruffy feral black cat who has lots of hidden spots in the garage, but the garage door was open.  We don't leave it open, it has a small cat door opening so Blackie can come and go at need.  C went back inside for shoes and a flashlight, and when he got across the road, that damn dog had one food bowl chewed in half.  So fast!  We now have a metal bowl.  If we can catch the dog safely it will win The Blue Ribbon! and a free trip with the dog catcher to the pound.  We have a have-a-heart trap we use for possums, coons, and so forth, but this dog is too big to use it, pity, it would be the safest way to catch it.

Temporary pause here

I have been watching Downton Abbey Season?  Chapter? Whatever... And I think I have been seeing US version as well as the UK version, and they don't mesh.  Dead people (I see dead people) rise again, pregnant everyone I think, beautiful horses, spiffy actors, a house good for the entire county, gorgeous clothes, wow!  Chapter 3 now...

My MacBook is pretty small for watching video, but being able to be started/stopped mid word as needed makes up for it.  I love Maggie Smith the most, hers is a nice bit of dialogue when the action lags a bit.  And her hair and hats!  And the food, I don't know what most of them are eating, but the kitchen table groans with the weight of the food to be carried upstairs.  And they burn stuff too.  Fascinating.  And the head cook washing up the kitchen ladles, Never!  

I got an "important safety recall" for my GMC pick up, stating that there is a factory recall about the passenger side airbag that may inflate spontaneously and send metal bits into the passengers, "causing injury or death"  but don't worry, we'll inform you once the parts have come in, meanwhile go ahead and drive it.  I think not.  Class action lawsuit, anyone?  


No comments :