Sunday, April 18, 2021

A grave time

 I heard from the lady who wants to buy the 4 cemetery plots in Falls Church, VA.  The whole thing made me leery, it was too much money, and she never tried to bargain the price down.  Plus, she wasn't in a hurry after the first two exchanges, never mentioning her deceased son, it felt weird.  Anyway, I finally got a "certified" check and that didn't look right either, although I couldn't point to one item.  We took the check to our bank and she said, Hmmm, and called a banker at Chase bank, the bank it was supposed be written on.  She agreed to taking a look at it, and off we went .  I couldn't walk that far, and there are only a few parking places, so C took me home and went back on foot.  The Chase banker said, "forgery" and they decided to let Chase hold it while they pursued finding the source.  I sent a message to the woman (so she wouldn't keep bugging me), giving her the bare bones of what is happening.  Oddly, that night I got this violent email which I only glanced at (it was 3 in the morning) and by that morning the message was gone, Pffft!  I didn't know you could erase a message after hitting "send".  Anyway, I heard no more.  My guess is some sort of scam that would show our account numbers, so they could drain the account.

No comments :