Monday, February 15, 2021

Nearly Tax Time

Now can we please move along to important things (COVID, highways and potholes, protecting Roe v Wade, education for all children, affordable college repayment and credit card debt) and on and on?  I don't want to hear the T word or see  a smug man-with-orange-toupee ever again?  Please?

The winter storm has not arrived here, but the photos of Cincinnati and cold weather everywhere in the East makes me anxious.  Will we have enough propane? So glad there are no horses to keep blankets on, water thawed, dogs inside (phew!), all the water lines open to warm air, and so on.  We were all so complacent last year when it was warm all winter, I never pulled my winter coat out, and now the snow, freezing rain, sleet, and cold cold weather is showing us how winter really is.  R is the only one who needs to drive to work and she comes home around 8:30pm over roads that are usually plowed/cindered/salted.  I guess schools are canceled too.  She may be at home for MLK Jr birthday.

I was all set to do taxes yesterday, put TurboTax in the drive, and whoops!  It is not compatible with Win 7.  So this morning is the download and installation of the Win 7 -->10 upgrade.  The other Win 10 is on the computer upstairs, which I cannot reach, other than crawling up and down.  Luckily there is a downloadable patch free from Windows, so fingers crossed.  So far it is 37% done.  In my room here it is warm thanks to the electric fireplace which is terrific.  But the computer room heater was used upstairs until C got an oil filled one, and was never brought back down.  So it will take an hour or two to heat the room.

I got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago, and it looked fine after the hairdresser styled it.  Once I box dyed it it looked awful.  Not the color, which was fine, but the haircut.  One side is OK, and the other side is Albert Einstein hairstyle.  I have tried to use electric curlers, blow drying, hair gels and multiple treatments.  I hate it.  I have cut the fringes myself, or used bobby pins.  I just don't look in the mirror now.  

I got a phone call last week from Dr. A saying that I missed my appointment.  When I said, OH no when was it? she said, Now.  So we did a virtual therapy with Zoom and it worked out amazingly well.  I think it is good I need not get ready, get in the car, go to the building and look for a wheelchair, although I would have liked some makeup and a little hair taming.  Anyway, she seems good, I had the same psych doctor for around 20 years, so I was leery of a new one, but I am cautiously pleased.  It's a good sign that she laughed at my jokes.

Well I will check out the progress on Win 10 and get my taxes and R taxes in shape, although I don't actually send them until nearly April 15, we haven't been audited since 2010 and they sent us $$, so talk goes that if they have to pay, you never get audited again.  Even so, we had/have audit defense just in case.





Bye!




 

No comments :