Saturday, November 10, 2018

Odds and Ends

The daughter of my cousin called to tell me that she died in an auto accident;  and to ask me if I knew contact information for her brother.  They have been estranged for a long time, I tried to reach him when our uncle and aunt died 4 years ago, no luck.  This time I really worked online to find him, and what do you know, I succeeded.  I called the daughter back last night and it went straight to voice mail.  I expect I will get a phone call today.  It is funny (peculiar) how death brings people together when any other occasion is ignored.

I have not been here in a couple of weeks, having been depressed from my lack of progress with my knee.  I still go to therapy twice a week, but the fall in October really set me back.  I was doing so well transitioning to the cane, too.  I need to get my courage back so I won't dwell on falling again.

I bought a skillet from Kitchen Collection, and the one I received was not the one I ordered.  Customer service admitted it was their fault, but their inventory lists the piece I want as discontinued.  So I want the prepaid label to send this one back and get a refund.  After several weeks I finally got the label.  They had sent it to an email that belongs to me, but which I never check, one character different from my main account.  Now to get it boxed back up, which I had put off doing until I heard from them.  There was a Kitchen Collection store at the local mall, but when three of the anchor stores closed (Sears, Elder-Beerman and Belks), they bailed too.  It was one store I really enjoyed browsing, rats.  I think they need to become an outlet mall, the nearest one is about an hour away from here, and seems to be prospering.  What a shame they folded before the Christmas buying frenzy too.  Online with Amazon for me.

My cross stitch is at a standstill for a while.  Just got frustrated with my slow progress and stopped for a while.  I will try to get back to it this weekend.  The two main projects are full of "confetti", stitching where you change colors every few stitches.  I hate it.  I have to re-thread my needle with a magnifier, I just can't see the eye of the needle otherwise.

I am just back from getting my hair done.  It is a good time to go, while university football is going on, and no one is ahead of me.  It feels good to get it out of my face and styled (which I seldom do myself).

Time for lunch, bye for now!




No comments :