Friday, October 26, 2018

Well, life continues as usual

On the 23rd of October I fell in my bedroom, and it was quite a fall.  Yes, I hit the crate holding my cross stitch stuff, and broke the top slat, with my head.  I broke the ottoman trying to get to the bed.  And in the end, C had to lift me onto the bed.  He is strong!  And he came because I managed to get the phone (but not the talk-y part which fell behind the bed.)  So I dialed, but then screamed so he could hear me, which he did, thanks be.  My cell phone was, of course, laying out of reach in the charging station.  But the worst part is that I twisted my right knee and ankle somehow, and only now, 3 days later, can I get to the computer and the bathroom without help.  It is swollen so far I can't get my gripp-y socks on.  I still don't know what caused my fall.  Tripped?  slipped?  knee buckled?  It all happened so fast, I really don't know.  I think I tripped on the rug.

I am traveling under a rain cloud, I think.  I have bought online and then had to return:  a skillet, a sweater, and a tacky sweatshirt.  Thank goodness the sweatshirt was bought with PayPal, and I got a total refund.  No more made in China for me!  I have to get another mailing label to send a roll of 35 mm film to be developed because I tried to glue the first label to the mailing bag, the glue soaked through the label and made it impossible to read.  My ipsy cosmetic bag had a leaky top on one of the bottles and it leaked over everything else.  I just cleaned it up with a little rubbing alcohol, at this point I won't send anything back for a while.  I did get my new antibiotic from a pharmacy in VA which cost me $0.00  when the local CVS wanted $75 for it.  But my physician declined having my anti-neuropathy medication refilled, and so there is a phone call floating out there in space, waiting for a reply to me.  This for a drug I have been using for years, unlike the doctor herself.  What a mess.

The day before my fall I made it upstairs (13 steps) for the first time in over a year.  I bumped my butt downstairs after a few hours, but then had to get up from the floor, so not a total yeah team, yet.  No repeat performances for a while.

Time to go, thanks for reading my tales of woe.  Bye!


No comments :