Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Still grieving

I know most people would think my sorrow for my friend's death is excessive; we have known since last year that she was living on borrowed time. But I find reminders of her everywhere, from macrame hangers to candlesticks, Betty Boop merchandise to old movies.  I wish I could have been there at the end for her, especially since she unexpectedly lost her husband the month before.  Even her little dog died as well.  All sad times.  I received her funeral card today from her therapist, I must remember to send a thank you note.  She was 63, it seems very young to me now, although back in the day I would have considered it OLD.  As with her life, she left this one with grace and poise, we should all do as well.

My knitting is at a standstill for now, I will mess it up and I can't bear to start it again just now.


I can't think of anything to write here, so here is the bumper sticker for the day:  "A short pencil is better than a long memory." (from Dad)





No comments :