Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Catching up

When I first started this blog, my goal was to be amusing.  I soon found out that while I may be mildly entertaining for a while, daily, or only weekly, I couldn't maintain that.  So I selected "home blog" from the list, and certainly that is pretty much accurate even now.  But still, I don't think I am qualified to write about the issues of the day.  Only the recent issues in the news today lets me say " Hoorah!" for the marriage equality act!  And for the Obamacare I shout out a big cheer for that as well.  If Obama never tackles another single issue, these two will go down in history as his greatest triumphs.  And the dour old white male Republicans can fold their tents and drift off into the night.

Tomorrow I go for my second cataract  surgery.  It feels like months that I have been squinting and pushing my glasses around so I could see somewhat.  I can't read for more than a few minutes at a time, a big disadvantage.  I still feel apprehensive about the procedure, even having done it on my left eye already.  Here's hoping all goes well.

Bumper sticker for the day:  "Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?"

No comments :