Monday, June 08, 2015

Shoulder to the wheel

It has been a while since I have posted here (2 weeks).  I know this is not earth-shattering to  to any of you, but I feel like I am abrogating my responsibilities.  There are a lot of blogs I've read over the years, where they just stopped at some point and never got started again, which I resolve never to do.  Did I mention that I have posted regularly since Oct. of 2004?  So I have quantity if not quality...

We all (four) went out to a very nice restaurant on the 6th for dinner, it was very very expensive, but the food was excellent, if a little odd.  Like cornmeal pancakes with brook trout, or pureed cauliflower with grilled salmon and kale.  Anyway, we had a nice time for -- TA DA -- out 45th wedding anniversary.  We told the "kids" that 50th is on them.  I think we just march to a different drummer, have never even thought of divorce.  Who would put up with me for all that time?  I have been told that a successful marriage is to stand in front of a mirror every day and say, "You're no bargain yourself."  DH gave me a necklace and matching earrings in blue sapphire (traditional gift) of the type called "tremblers"  (if that is a real word?)  But very lovely.  I told him I now needed a place to wear them, we dropped out of the country club set a long time ago Oh well. I will wear them to the grocery store if I want to... But I am sure that I will need a few wardrobe enhancements, right?

The horses are doing fine with being outside in the paddocks/small pastures.  We kept checking in on them when a thunderstorm came through, but they just trotted under the "pavilion" (according to the tax man) and waited 15 minutes until the storm was over, and then moseyed out to munch a little grass.  I am thankful for these quarter horses, can you imagine what an Arab would do?

Oh, and the shoer called to say he is raising his prices.  That is OK, it's the first time since ever, and I was afraid he was calling to tell us he is giving up his business.  Which is what the last 3 ones did.  It is hard work and rough on backs and hands, and I appreciate their effort every time.


On my way back to bed (it is 1:30 AM now) so

Bumper sticker for the day :"I love sleeping.  It's like being dead without the commitment."
(A little black humor there.)






No comments :