Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Moving along

I spend so much time reading the Knitters Paradise forum that I don't have time to knit.  But I received some lovely yarn that has inspired me to get going again.  If I actually finish something I will post a photo here.  I know, you are breathless with anticipation, right?  I forgive you if you're not.

We went to visit my only living aunt and uncle on Sunday.  She is on hospice, with COPD, and caught a flu bug three weeks ago that landed her in the hospital for three days.  Then a stomach bug, for another emergency trip to the hospital for fluids, etc.  Both have taken a real toll on her stamina, and she is now on hospice care, and although her Alzheimer's is still there, she was pretty sharp during our visit.  Her coughing made me hurt, just to listen to; and my uncle is looking so tired himself.  They get a fair amount of visiting aides/nurses/and even her doctor once a week (who knew doctors anywhere still make house calls?) but day-to-day it is up to my uncle to be there. 

I know I don't want to go by inches; my grandad had a heart attack while painting his eaves, and was gone immediately.  My mom and dad just slipped away, but both were in sad shape by then.  When I show up at the pearly gates I want St. Peter to say "Wow! You look great for your age!"  Old joke.

We also put spring flowers on the graves for my parents and sister and aunt, Now if only the weather would match the flowers.  So far all we have are tiny green stubs peeking out of the ground. 

My DS got laid off last week.  It is a long tale, but I won't bore you.  The new regional director started this week, and tomorrow DS is going to talk to him.  I know he is nervous, but if he can relax he is very well-spoken.  At the minimum he will find out the main reason he was laid off.  Poor business?  Uncertainty about his position's duties?  Any information will be welcome at this point.

However, there are a lot of job opportunities in the area right now, so he should be able to find another position.  Lots of new construction in the area, and all the ancillary jobs that creates.

Bumper sticker for the day:  "A walk in the woods helps me relax and release tension.  The fact that I am dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant."


No comments :